$45 Regular Price
$35 CarolinaMLS/CRRA members
Date and Time
March 2, 2016, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Managing Your Real Estate Business is designed to provide tools to real-estate firm managers, independent broker-owners, teams and agents to help create a successful real estate business. Attendees will benefit from the knowledge, experience and success of local experts.
- Basic Business Requirements. During this presentation, attendees will learn how to develop a business plan, decide which services to offer, how to establish professional relationships and what pitfalls to avoid.
- Legal Requirements. Make sense of the red tape and learn about N.C. company formation requirements, the benefits and differences between sole proprietorship, “S” Corp, “C” Corp and an LLC. You’ll also learn how a policy and procedure manual can benefit you and your company.
- Preparing Financially for a Successful Real Estate Career. For a business owner, every day is tax day. This tax expert will get you thinking about preparing a financial plan and reports and discover how various business models result in different tax benefits.
- Now What? Putting it All Together – You’ve got the tools and the knowledge, now what? It’s important to know about the North Carolina Real Estate Commission’s real estate firm requirements/options, trust accounting rules and tools you can use. This will also get you ready to develop a policy and procedure manual and business model for the future.
Guest speakers include:
- Eileen Joyce, Lead Economic Development Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration
- C. Grainger Pierce, Attorney, Nexsen Pruet
- Rashad Phillips, CPA, Phillips Tax Service
- Dana Rhodes, DREI, MAED, Mingle School of Real Estate Instructor