The National Association of Realtors® (NAR) requires all Realtor® members to complete a minimum of 2.5 hours of Code of Ethics (COE) training with two-year cycles. A new two-year cycle began January 1, 2017. The deadline for this cycle is December 31, 2018. To avoid losing your Realtor® membership and access to CarolinaMLS (if applicable), you must do ONE of the following before Dec. 31, 2018:
- Take a four-hour continuing-education (CE) elective course that covers the Realtor® Code of Ethics. Below are the courses that fulfill this requirement:
- Breaking Bad/Code of Ethics (classroom)
- Everyday Ethics in Real Estate (online)
- For Your Own Good: The Realtor® Code (classroom)
- For the Good of All: The Realtor® Code of Ethics (classroom)
- Know It Now or Regret It Later/Code of Ethics (classroom)
- Scruples and the Code of Ethics (online)
- See It, Say It: Demystifying Ethics (classroom)
- Staying on the Right Path/Code of Ethics (classroom)
- Staying on the Right Path/Code of Ethics (online)
- Complete NAR’s free online 2.5-hour COE course at www.realtor.org. The association will be notified when it is completed.
- Take Cindy Chandler's 2.5-hour video Code of Ethics course for $35. (This course only provides Code of Ethics credit, NOT continuing-education credit.)
If you take a COE course at a real estate school other than the Mingle School of Real Estate within the current two-year cycle, please forward your certificate of completion to the Member Services Department via fax (704-940-3101) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive credit.
If you have any questions about the COE requirement, please contact Member Services at 704-940-3110.