Do you want to connect with homebuyers and sellers to earn more business? Knowing how to transact business in culturally competent ways can make the difference. Learn about do's and don't's, fair housing, and other topics that will help you maximize your earning potential. You'll be able to apply what you learn to a business plan that you can use after you complete the in-person or online course.
At Home With Diversity® is an educational opportunity designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry to real estate brokers, agents, association executives and anyone associated with the industry.
The class teaches real estate professionals how they can increase their sensitivity and adaptability to future market trends. It addresses issues of diversity, fair housing and cultural differences. Participants will learn practical skills and tools to expand business and effectively service all cultural groups.
- Cultural forecast for America
- Cultural demographics
- Adapting for the future
- The philosophy of inclusion
- Cultural stereotypes
- Sense of self and space
- Where cultures vary
- Creating comfort with differences
- Projecting positive attitudes
- Showing positive regard
- Applying local demographics
- Inclusion and fair-housing laws
- Avoiding discrimination
- Predatory lending
- Business planning
The course has two major goals:
- Heighten awareness of and sensitivity to the social and cultural constituencies of local real estate markets. Participants will learn about the people who make up the local market, and their values, customs, real estate needs, and expectations of real estate professionals.
- Provide practical skills and tools to increase the professional’s effectiveness in servicing all social groups. Specifically, the course helps participants develop skills in cross-cultural communication and strategic business planning.
The course provides four hours of NCREC continuing-education credit and provides elective credit for these NAR designations: ABR, CIPS, PMN and RSPS.